Eggless Custard Powder Ice Cream Recipe :- Eggless Custard Powder Ice Cream made without ice cream machine, without eggs and without condensed milk. It would be a great summer treat for the your friends and family. It is easy to prepare with any flavor you desire. In this recipe, i have used vanilla flavored custard powder. You can select the flavored powder you wish.
How to Prepare the Ice cream?
I prepared first custard and then cooled it and later mixed it with the freshly whipped cream. This recipe gives you a thick and delicious ice cream that doesn’t form crystals.
You can also pour the prepared custard ice cream mixture to stainless steel cups or Popsicle molds and set them. I have used a hand mixer to whip the cream. However you can also use a Indian mixer with a whipping blade to whip it.
But if you have a ice cream maker or kitchen aid attachment then you can just pour the chilled mixture and churn it. The taste & texture of ice cream churned in a machine is the best as it aerates well. I have used a eggless custard powder that has no artificial colors & flavors.
Eggless Custard Powder Ice Cream Recipe
Course : Dessert
Cuisine : World
Preparation Time : 10 min
Cooking Time : 10 min
Freezing Time : 13 hours 20 mins
Servings : 4 people
Calories : 358 kcal
Ingredients for Eggless Custard Powder Ice Cream
- 3/4 to 1 cup whipping cream (I used 200 ml)
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1 1/2 tbsps custard powder
- 10 tbsps sugar (1/2 to 3/4 cup)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract (or few drops of essence)
- 3 tbsps milk (to mix with custard powder)
Instructions for Preparation of Eggless Custard Powder ice cream:
- Chill the bowl and the beaters for at least 24 hours in the freezer. This helps to whip the cream well and quickly
- Chill the cream as well.
- Mix together custard powder and 3 tbsp of milk. The mixture has to be smooth without any lumps. Keep this aside.
- Next begin to heat milk in a pan.
- Add sugar and stir until it dissolves.
- After the sugar dissolves, next add the custard milk in 2 to 3 batches, keep stirring the milk often in between every addition.
- Custard must mix well with the milk without forming any lumps after every addition.
- Continue to boil the milk on a medium flame stirring consistently until the mixture turns thick.
- Set this aside to cool completely.
- Next pour the chilled cream to the bowl.
- Begin to whip until stiff peaks.
- whisk the cooled custard well to ensure it is lump free. if needed you can add little milk and whisk it well.
- Next pour the custard to the whipped cream. You can also pass it through a sieve or colander.
- Add vanilla or any other extract of your choice.
- Mix everything well again either with a spatula or with the hand mixer.
- The mixture will be of thick pouring consistency.
- Finally cover the ice cream with a cling wraps such that it touches the ice cream mixture.
- Cover the bowl and freeze until set. It usually takes 12 to 15 hrs.
- Scoop custard powder ice cream and server. Garnish with cherries or chopped pistas.
You May Also Like These Recipes