How to Make Poori Masala Curry At Home. Simply Potato curry for poori or puri which is one of most eaten breakfast across india. Each religion has its own style of preparing this curry. Poori Bhaji, Poori curry, Poori Masala are some of the names for this curry. The recipes shared in this post is a typical south indian style prepared at homes and all tiffin centres.
The recipe is very simple to prepare because it doesn’t uses much of the ingredients. The curry is little bit spicy and a good smell of potato, green chilly, curry leaves and coriander leaves.
How to Make Poori Masala Curry At Home:
Course : BreakFast
Cuisine : Indian
Preparation Time : 10 mins
Cooking Time : 20 mins
Served : 5 persons
Calories : 180kcal
- 4 larger potatoes
- 1 cup water to cook potatoes
- 1 large onion sliced or 1 cup of onions
- 1 larger tomato (1/2 to 1/4 cup deseeded & chopped)
- 1 tsp ginger chopped (optional)
- 2 tbsps oil
- 3/4 tbsp chana dal
- 3/4 tbsp urad dal
- 3/4 tbsp cumin ( or jeera)
- 1/2 tsp mustard
- 1 sprig curry leaves
- 1 green chili (slit or chopped)
- 1 pinch hing ( or asafoetida)
- 1/2 tsp salt (or as needed)
- 1/8 tsp turmeric oil (or haldi, as needed)
- 2 tbsps coriander leaves chopped
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup water
Instructions to Prepare Poori Masala Recipe:
- Wash the potatoes well. Peel and cube them.
- Pressure cook cubed potatoes with 1 cup water for 1 whistle. Cook on a medium flame until the potatoes cook completely. You can also cook them in a pot until soft.
- Add Oil to a pan and heat it.
- Add Jeera, mustard and dals.
- Fry till the dals turn a bit golden.
- Add curry leaves and green chilies.
- When the leaves turn crisp and hing.
- Add onions and ginger. Fry them until pink or transparent meaning they are not raw any more.
- Add tomatoes, tumeric and salt.
- Fry the tomatoes until mushy and the raw smell has completely gone.
- Transfer the cooked potatoes along with the water used to cook them.
- Mash them slightly. If needed add more water to bring it to a consistency.
- Check the salt and spice. If needed add more salt and another green chili.
- Mix well. Cook covered for 3 to 4 minutes until the curry reached thick consistency.
- Sprinkle coriander leaves.
- Serve poori masala recipe with hot pooris.
You May Also Liking Reading Other Recipes:
- How to make malai kofta recipe at Home.
- How to make paneer butter masala curry recipe at home.
- How to make chicken curry recipe at home